Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Meet the Artists: Vicky Gooch


 This is me with the wind at my back on the Li River in China.



When I was a child I dreamed of driving a big truck so that I could travel the world and meet interesting people. I clearly didn’t know the true size of our world! In 1986 I was watching the 360 degree movie of China at the World Expo in Vancouver Canada.  We had a bird’s eye view of a giant garden of bright green Renoir haystacks split by a meandering river.  It was the Li River. I decided right then and there that I would go there someday.
That someday was last fall.  Guilin and the Li River were first up on our tour of China. The geography and people were just as fascinating as I expected.  




One more thing about me - I love to paint!


We are on our way to Southern China!

No comments:

Post a Comment